Monday, November 3, 2014

Just working


October 27, 2014

         P-day was chill.  We cleaned the house really well. I learned how to play “Savior, I would follow thee” on the guitar.  I taught myself and that was really fun.  Yeah, it was a really nice quiet p-day.  I found out that my Dad is doing well and he is finally going to be able to get his stem cell transplant. I am not too worried about him.  Taylor is really wrapping up her mission with only 6 weeks left!  We bought some more ice cream which make me really happy. 

         On the teaching side of things, we taught C. today and she is getting excited for her baptism.  She has been very fun to teach.  We also has a family night activity with M. and all of her grand children were there.  It was a crazy irreverent night, but she said she loved it!



October 28, 2014

         Wow, we taught a lot today!  We taught a guy who has an ankle bracelet on because he just got out of jail.  We gave a very basic message and invited him to come to church.  We also found a great family.  When we first met the father of the family he gestured wildly and I thought he might be crazy, but thing we figured out that his wife is deaf and he was signing to her.  We taught the restoration using a lot of gestures and it worked out well.



October 29, 2014

         C. is ready for her baptism but she seems a little nervous.  We had another great lesson with a recent convert and his family about the tree of life.  The Dad (who is not a member of the church) made a comment at the end of the lesson that he has never partaken of the fruit before but would like to.  That was really a huge moment for us.  I really hope that he will choose to make some positive changes so that he can join his family who have all been baptized.

         I am not even halfway through the week and I am pooped.



October 30, 2014

         We have this one really annoying missionary in our district.  He is super authoritative even though he doesn’t have any kind of leadership position at all.  Anyways, he talked with our Elder’s quorum president and asked for a meeting to discuss ideas on how to help the Elder’s quorum.  Most of the Elders in the quorum wear nametags so this meeting was basically just a missionary telling the Elder’s quorum president what he was doing wrong in his quorum.  …WAY overstepping his boundaries.  Elder Yarrington (the district leader) got pretty dang riled up about that. 

October 31, 2014

         HAPPY HALLOWEEN.  I bought pumpkins for everyone because we have 5 North Americans in our district.  We were able to have a little bit of traditional fun.  Each companionship got to make their own jack-o-lantern.  I made this pretty cool frog.  The other elders didn’t put a whole lot of effort into theirs, but they had fun. 

         C. bailed out on her baptism interview for who knows why…we tried calling her, but she never picks up.  That’s the life of a missionary.



November 3, 2014

Elder Yarrington
Elder Yarrington and I went to the center of the city to buy some extra guitar strings and Elder Yarrington got to try out an electric guitar and just started shredding it up in the guitar shop. Anyways, I decided that I needed to buy extra strings too just in case mine broke too. When we got back, Elder Yarrington replaced his one string that had broken, tuned it, and then decided to switch all of his strings so that they were matching. Then he proceeded to cut the rest of the strings because that's the easiest and fastest way to take them off. The result: He cut all of them. Even the brand spanking new one that he had just bought. Brilliant! Haha I sold him the ones that I bought for the same price that I had bought them for, but he's dang lucky that I had decided to buy more of them!

My comp is doing well, except he talks in English a LOT and it's like a disease! Seriously, I'm starting to buckle down a lot more on the fact that we have to talk in Portuguese all the time, but we've gotten a pretty good plan worked out where all day we're going to speak Portuguese, and then he likes to video journal so that'll be his English time of the day. My investigators are doing well, but we have a ton of holidays here in this state and when there is a holiday, everyone goes out of town for it. It's annoying.

Our interview with the mission president a couple weeks ago was pretty frustrating because we were told that it would be at 3:20, and, being punctual as I am, we showed up at 2:40. Well. It turns out that our interviews didn't even start until 6:30. Ugh. My interview basically consisted of me telling the president that I'm tired, working hard, but tired. I didn't have any questions or comments, and he didn't have anything for me either. No big whoop. Elder Yarrington's interview was even less anticlimactic. He went in, said a prayer, president told him that keeping the rules and obeying the commandments will bring the spirit, said a prayer, and left. Yeah, we lost an entire day of work because of that. Oh well. 


No comments:

Post a Comment