Monday, December 8, 2014

Thanksgiving Pizza


November 23, 2014
         I am feeling much better.  A. came to church today! It was a small victory for us.  She is super nervous about her baptism this week.  We finally started working on Sunday nights because President Bonini changed the weekly planning to a Thursday instead of Sunday night.  We had this super cool activity with the ward where we taught them the missionary lessons and prepped them to do contacts.   It worked really well and they gave us 24 referrals.  Too bad I was in the other Elders area.  Next time, it’s going to be in our area.

November 24, 2014
         P-day was pretty great today.  Super busy, but we had a good time. I. made lunch for us which was super good. There was very little food, but he cooks very well so it was delicious.  After that I made this super cool family night activity that we did 3 times in the same night. It was the corn starch object lesson where you make a comparison of the starch to faith.  If you don’t do anything the starch and water combination will turn to liquid, but if you keep working on it, and molding it, then the faith will stay firm.  The point is that you never reach a point where you can say to the Lord, I’m done, there is nothing else that I need to do.  Until we stand before Him on judgment day,  we still have work to do to endure to the end.
November 25, 2014
         Oh my gosh, we had this crazy lesson with a man who has been to jail and now wants to be a pastor.  He was a deacon in another church and he was praying over the pulpit and he said that he had a revelation that the pastor was upside down and naked.  He called the pastor to repentance and told the congregation what he saw in a vision,  and then pastor called him to repentance…yeah.  We closed the lesson.
Those are all pictures that our super cool investigator  took after one of our lessons. I love his dog! He's not even a year old and he's freaking huge!
November 26, 2014
         District meeting was interesting today. We didn’t have the keys to the chapel so we were trying to figure out what to do.  Elder Benitez was in chare and he wanted to call the zone leaders to see if we could have the meeting in our house.  Elder Ricks just looked at him and said, “you’re the leader, take charge.”  Yeah, Elder B. is a really good guy, but he struggles taking the reins of leadership.  All I can do is support him and the decisions that he makes. 
         A. is super nervous about her baptism and she wants to delay a week.  She says that she still wants to be baptized, but she is fearful about it. 
November 27, 2014
         Finally we talked with L. who is R.’s husband.  Their entire family wants to be baptized, but we still needed to get the husbands permission for the kids to be baptized.  Everyone told us that this guy is rude and a brute and that we should be careful about bothering him.  But, I felt that we should take the time to respect him as the head of his household.  I must admit that he was intimidating at first with his long hair, mexi-stache, and construction worker body.  It turned out that we hit it off really well and he told us that he wanted to come to church with us.
THANKSGIVING PIZZA!!!!!!!! That was the best thing that we could have done for Thanksgiving. I know that Taylor sent a bunch of spiritual thankful quotes.... but... Yeah, she's always been better about that kind of stuff than I am. I know that I'm kind of a goof, so that's just who I am!
        It’s THANKSGIVING today and you know what I am thankful for?  PIZZA!  Yep was absolutely awesome to have pizza for thanksgiving.  We bought 4 large pizzas to split with 6 Elders.  I miss traditional food, but pizza was a good substitute.
November 28, 2014
         Wow, I. made us the most delicious brunch for us today.  He loves us!  It is nice to be treated well by someone because there is plenty of rejection in our work.  It was also a blessing because our lunch appointment fell through.  We spent all day trying o confirm our investigators baptismal interview, but it fell through.  Ugghh!
         I went on divisions with Elder Percival today and I realized how much I have gotten out of the habit of contacting.  I am going to improve on this in the next couple of days for sure. 
We were fasting one day, and let's just say that I'm kind of killing my companion at the pace that I'm setting! Haha, I thought that he was starting his fast after lunch and he started to pray, and pray and pray... After about 20 minutes I figured out that he was sleeping. I never know because he always prays in this position, even when he's not tired! (all this mess is his side of the room. I try to be more orderly).
November 29, 2014
We worked really hard this week, but still no one came to church. Well, we did have this 17 year old girl and her cousin come, but they mixed up the times, got there at 7:30 instead of 9, waited for 10-15 minutes, and then left. BUT they did at least try to come!
I don't think that I sent this picture nor the video about how the cashew is actually a fruit! This is how it looks and it's pretty tasty. You might not like it on the first bite, but you grow to love it. There are so many here, that you just throw stuff into the trees and they'll fall right down. We have a lot of coconuts, mangos, and cashews here in the northeast. It's pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment