Thursday, August 15, 2013

Independence Day

My Two Missions - Independence and Fortaleza
We got our reassignments TODAY!!!!! I'm not going to spoil Taylor's for you (Rapid City South Dakota), but 

I am called to serve in the Missouri Independence mission! I hope that I'm not going to get too fat... I've heard about how much they feed you there, but I think that it's going to be super awesome! I'm leaving on Wednesday morning on a 7:20 AM flight from Salt Lake City to Phoenix, and then a 8:52 flight from Phoenix to Kansas City! I'm really stoked to go there, because I've been all over the country, but not in the middle like that! I'm not sure if I will need a shoulder bag or another suit, or really anything about that, so I guess I'll leave that up to you! I already got my fingerprints done and sent both copies in the mail to you this morning! (Apparently I have a very unique print on my left index finger?) Anyways, I hope that I won't lose all of my Portuguese in the coming months! I'm going to be the second to last person leaving from my district, so we are going to have a very small class on Monday! I hope that we can learn a lot of tricks that will help us to keep learning the language even if we don't have the opportunity to speak it! Everything is going absolutely great for me, and I'm just ready to get out of the MTC (or spiritual prison... It depends on how you look at it!) Eu amo vocĂȘs muito! Tchau!
Two mission calls, each time we are in "close" proximity!
My first and favorite missionary companion! I hope that we get to fly to Brazil together!
Irmao H
Irmao W


Elder S, my friend from Spokane going to Brazil
 President and Sister Hacking, the 1st counselor in the MTC presidency, and apparently he was the Missouri Independence mission president only a couple of years ago!

My transitional district at the MTC
Elder Colvin

Missouri Independence Mission includes some of Kansas, a little bit of Nebraska, and the western third of Missouri.  There is a lot of church history in this area, Far West, Liberty Jail, Independence, Adam-ondi-ahman...lots of cool stuff.


Independence Visitors Center

No comments:

Post a Comment