Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Week 2...I think?



(Awesome) Devotionals at the Marriot Center on BYU campus. This was taken by my sister, obviously, cause I wouldn't be over on the "sister side" ; )
The long walk to devotionals is appreciated when you sit at a desk all day.
        Life is long here at the MTC, and everything just seems to meld together. It's really hard to remember which days are which because we basically do the same thing each day. It's such a strict schedule that I've begun to really appreciate any gym time I can get, because that's the only time that we have to unwind! Thing's are going well, but we just started teaching two new investigators and we taught our first one yesterday. It went alright I guess, but we totally didn't teach our lesson plan. We just started with our lesson by sharing ' we know that God is our Heavenly Father and that He loves us,' and that's about as far as we got because he asked 'He doesn't love everyone always, right? What about when he kills people? (meaning when God smites the wicked) Does he love him then?' Sooooo, we spent the rest of our lesson time trying to stumble our way through explaining that one. We've got another appointment with him on Thursday, so any advice you could give me would really help! I can't think of anything to say! I know that I know what I know, but I just don't know! Haha it's just difficult to put my feelings into words (especially Portuguese words) so I would love to know what anyone thinks!

Elder Colvin

Elders: Colvin and M. with Sisters: Colvin and T.

Elders Colvin and M.: we studied Seminary together in our senior year with Sister McKinlay. Now we are both studying Portuguese & headed to Brazil .......eventually.
My Companion, Elder W, is a giant!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment