Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Transfer

 June 23, 2014
My camera started working after a month in a bag of rice! The first few pictures are pretty grainy.
         P-day was pretty boring this week.  We spent the first half of the day practicing “He ain’t heavy, he’s my Brother’ to sing at President Souza’s farewell.  It took a LONG time, but it finally worked out.  Then we spent the rest of our p-day cleaning the house and buying groceries. We talked with the Bishop’s son Bruno for a long time and then we had to stay indoors for the World Cup game. Afterwards we had dinner with the bishop. 
My game day shirt
June 24, 2014
         We got dropped by yet another investigator today. (shocker) But we did find a new investigator to teach.  We contacted him because I thought his dog was cool and he ended up listening to the Plan of Salvation and scheduled a return appointment.

June 25, 2014
         Today was the departure devotional for President Souza.  There were a lot of musical numbers sending him off.  I played “God be With you ‘til we Meet Again/He is Risen” and everything that could go wrong did.  The pages fell off the piano and when Sister Souza put them back up for me, she put the last page back upside down.  Oh my!  I continued playing and it worked out in the end.  The conference lasted until about 6 and we tried to work afterwards, but no one was at home.  So we ended up doing contacts with Evaldo.  We found this really drugged out lady and Evaldo was great about sharing his testimony with her despite her condition.  He is going to be a great leader in the church.

June 26, 2014
         I got transferred today …surprise!  I am really bummed about it, but it will all work out.  I am now in 7 de Septembro with Elder M. He is pretty thick headed.  He likes to baptize, a LOT. He does MMA and wants to train in the mornings. It will be interesting working with him.
         It will also be interesting to meet our new mission president.  I haven’t met him yet and I don't know anything about him.  I am told that he could be completely the opposite of our old president or anything in between.  The AP’s stay the same for a while to help the new president adjust.  Our old president had a lot of trust issues with missionaries because this was basically considered the Babylon of all missions before he got here so he basically cracked down on all of the missionaries and until now he doesn't let the missionaries go into malls, have zone p-days, etc.  He has been really really strict and very serious.

Sorry this update is so short.  This has been a weird week. I will be glad to get back to settle into my new area.  

No comments:

Post a Comment